Did you mean: 

Records Due Tray Not Showing For Position

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ireneva
Super Collector

Records Due Tray Not Showing For Position

Hi, I have a procedure created with a few actions. One action is assigned to a position. My profile is set to that position. I check the Activities Due tray but do not see the record and the tasks prior to mine have been completed. A little background of how we are using positions/groups: Set up a custom user as a position and assigned the position specific permissions. The position has the all action permissions besides the actions administration. There is a group based off of this position that I am assigned to via the Associations tab. Has anyone had this issue or can tell from the way we have this set up, why the record is not appearing in the tray?

6 REPLIES
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Re: Records Due Tray Not Showing For Position

While you would think that would work, I THINK that it will only show up if the action has YOUR location name in it, not the position or even organization  :smileysad:

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

The activities due tray is only for workflow, not actions/procedures. Make sure you're looking in the Records Due Tray.

Normally an action will show up in your Records Due Tray if it's assigned to either your person location or to the position location that your person location is a member of.

Does that help?

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

I agree that you should be looking in the DUE tray and NOT the activities due tray. But ...

You sure about this Neil?

"Normally an action will show up in your Records Due Tray if it's assigned to either your person location or to the position location that your person location is a member of."

ireneva
Super Collector

My mistake, I meant the records due tray but typed the activites due tray. Actually the TRIM help specifies that you should see the record in the records due tray if it is assigned specifically to the user or to the position. So I am not sure why it is not displaying.

Neil Summers
HPE Expert
Solution

Yes it works perfectly well in my testing whether assigned directly to me or to my position. If it's not working that way in your environment, and you can't fiigure out why, I recommend logging a support call.

TRIMGuru wrote:

I agree that you should be looking in the DUE tray and NOT the activities due tray. But ...

You sure about this Neil?

"Normally an action will show up in your Records Due Tray if it's assigned to either your person location or to the position location that your person location is a member of."

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Thanks Neil :smileyhappy:

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event