Client Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RM8.1 Client - HP TRIM 7.3.4 Server and Records numbering system based on Classification issue

Highlighted
PerthRM8

RM8.1 Client - HP TRIM 7.3.4 Server and Records numbering system based on Classification issue

Hi,

Client RM8.1 Server HP TRIM 7.3.4

We will end up during the upgrade process in the situation of having Client RM8.1 and Server is HP TRIM 7.3.4

(For a 2 weeks period or so)

I am noticing that certain record types which use numbering system based on Classification (Some archival Boxes) is not working, e.g. the record cannot be created .the error is:

"Disposition" can not be assigned to value 4 . Valid options are 1-Active 2.inactive etc.  (Also 5, 6  and 7)."

ALL other record type properties are the identical in both (RM8.1 and HP TRIM 7.3.4)

P.S. in RM8.1 Client and RM8.1 Server, this error does not exist....all good...

What is happening here?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: RM8.1 Client - HP TRIM 7.3.4 Server and Records numbering system based on Classification issue

If it works with an 8 client and WGS and in an environment that is all 7.3 but not together chances are it has to do with the schema.

Nothing can be done other that move everything to 8.1 as soon as you can.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Re: RM8.1 Client - HP TRIM 7.3.4 Server and Records numbering system based on Classification issue

Yeah, you'll probably find it's something to do with the change of disposition status values available in 8.1. E.g. Archived (Interim) and Archived (Local) don't exist any more. Perhaps your classification defaults have retention schedules with triggers that specify the now defunct disposition status values. Until you get around to upgrading your servers/schema to 8.1 this will be a gotcha. Perhaps try fiddling around with the classifications to see if you can work around this.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
PerthRM8

Thanks everyone for confirming all this.

Cheers

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event