Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions - Information Worker user type to be able to alternatively within

Highlighted
Delete_or_Not
Regular Collector

Permissions - Information Worker user type to be able to alternatively within

HP TRIM 7.1.1828, Win XP, Office 2007 ( All this to be changed soon)

Permissions - Information Worker user type to be able to alternatively within and relate documents to files

(Currently, they can only relate docs to docs)

It is became obvious that these sort of records tasks should be allowed / given to the average users, Information workers. What needs to be done in order for this happen? Is there any way that we can "edit permissions" or even
create new permission (similar with Records Administration, limited one or not) and add it to the certain user type, in this case Information Worker.

Is there any other way, workaround for this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: Permissions - Information Worker user type to be able to alternatively within

I think they would need the "edit metadata" permission.

Delete_or_Not
Regular Collector

Re: Permissions - Information Worker user type to be able to alternatively within

I am asking for the way of:

creating new permission or copying one of the existing ones, with a certain modifications done...

Where we can "edit" and modify permissions....?

Joanna Thompson
Regular Collector

You can either edit/modify permissions under Context Administration>System Options>Permissions Tab, or you can create a custom profile (which is essentially a group to which you can apply chosen permissions) that you then apply to a user via the "Use Profile Of" field on the Location Profile tab .

I would be very careful when making changes to the permissions, because there are cases when making a permission available to a user type can open the door for that user to do things you may not really want them to be able to do. Check the bundles of functions really carefully before you make the changes you want.

Joanna Thompson
Senior Records Management Application Analyst
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Ministry of Finance, Government of British Columbia
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event