Client Support
cancel

Pending, Streaming and Temp folders for TRIM document store

Highlighted
Jane Hay
Respected Contributor.

Pending, Streaming and Temp folders for TRIM document store

I was hoping that someone from HP (or a partner) could provide some information on the Pending, Streaming and TEMP folders for the TRIM document store. (We're currently running 7.1.0 1157 with an Oracle database)

I know that documents move through these folders before they're committed to the document store, but I'd like to know what order they are processed (e.g. Temp > Streaming > Pending,  or some other order) and when (after what period of time, or after what specific action) should these folders clear.

The reason for my query... While I was away on leave recently  there was apparently an issue with a lot of space being taken up on our TRIM server, which the DBA tracked back to the TEMP folders. There were apparently documents still in a TEMP folder from 2013. Of course once I returned from leave the folder had mysteriuosly cleared, so its a little difficult for me to troubleshoot now.  We currently have documents in the Streaming folder dated back to 14/03/2014 and documents in the TEMP folder dating back to 9/4/2014 (too many sub folders in Pending to check them all, but the first handful were empty).

I thought if I could get an explanation on how and when docs travel in and out of these folders I'd have a better idea of working out if we have an ongoing issue or if the issue while I was on leave was simply a glitch that has self resolved.

I have run an integrity check on the document store and there are no missing documents (apart from some very old documents which were also reported in previous integrity checks run over the years). I've also spot checked just a few documents from the streaming folder and temp folders and they are present in TRIM.

can someone please give me a brief rundown on how these folders work and why the 2013 folder may not have cleared?

thanks

Jane

4 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Pending, Streaming and Temp folders for TRIM document store

Hi Jane,

There is a few articles floating around on our knowledge base around this topic, here is a good one:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM895520

Doesn't have any information on the temp folder though, can you tell me if there are documents in there that have old "date modified" as in they were added some time ago and have not been cleared?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Jane Hay
Respected Contributor.

hi Greg,

thanks for the information. The TEMP file currently has documents with a 'date modified' from  09 April 2014 up to today (29/04/2014). Apparently while I was on leave there WERE documents as far back as 2013, but they are now gone .

The Streaming folder has documents dating from 14/03/2014 to today (up to about 4 hours ago).

We're tyring to understand how/when the documents get cleared and if they should be getting cleared sooner than what we're seeing. The documentation you provided the link for doesn't cover documents 'hanging around', and as you say, it also doesn't mention the TEMP folder.

Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

has their been any change to the contents of the TEMP folder? Have items from the 9th been cleared?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's unusual for anything to be stuck in the Streaming folder.

Do you have any AntiVirus software on the server?

If so, try disabling it or excluding all the TRIM directories and processes.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au