Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook folder link for TRIM

Highlighted
manish19
Occasional Advisor

Outlook folder link for TRIM

Hi,

I am trying to create a link of my outlook foler with TRIM but i received attached error.

I have created a folder under my inbox in outlook then went to TRIM option in my menu bar and clicked on create a link. It gives me to fill in the information such as link name, data type, container etc. When i click on OK it throughs error. Please help

6 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: Outlook folder link for TRIM

I noticed that you are doing that in a Citrix environment.

Are you able to try this outside of the Citrix environment to see if it works?

You will need access to write to your HKCU registry to create the links, so if your Citrix environment doesn't allow this, then it might be causing this error.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
manish19
Occasional Advisor

This is working for other users on same environment.

Even i was able to link it before but now its giving me error. Tried several thing like TRIM add in reinstall for outlook, restarting system and outlook but it still gives same error.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Try clearing any local reg keys related to Outlook Linked folders.

They are normally found under HKCU\Software\TOWER Software\TRIM5\Outlook\Folders\

Delete all the folders with the big long string of numbers/characters then try creating the links again.

I'm still wondering how your Citrix environment manages the user reg keys though.

This is a common cause for issues with TRIM when running under Citrix. e.g. Are the user keys managed centrally and therefore some users will have created links on their session, but this broke it for other users?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
manish19
Occasional Advisor

Yeah we get random session for citrix on every login. Do not have any such path access on my envioronment.

It is managed centally. i got someting on this link http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1301958128396+28353475&threadId=1292705

It seems its a known issue in TRIM.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Yep, that forum post covers this, but I think your Citrix environment is still the underlying cause.

This issue will likely keep reoccurring unless you change how Citrix manages the user environments.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Ryan Winston
HPE Expert

Barring any Citrix complications, this solution could work:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM866258

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event