Client Support
cancel

Outlook Addin failing to meet installation criteria for 6.2.5 test client install

Highlighted
Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

Outlook Addin failing to meet installation criteria for 6.2.5 test client install

Hi,

I've been attemoting to install 6.2.5.1300 on a test machine as a client for testing and keep getting the screen advising that the Outlook Addin has failed to meet is installation criteria.

I've installed .Net 3.5 SP1; VStore 30 but felt that as the Primary Interop Assemblie o2007pia had already been run for 6.2.4 this would not be required. I got the criteria not met messagee.

I then reinstalled Primary Interop Assembly and reran the o2007pia msi but still got the same crietria not met message.

We are running Office 2007 in a Windows7 environment and I had 6.2.4.1240 working fine.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Brett

9 REPLIES
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Outlook Addin failing to meet installation criteria for 6.2.5 test client install

Hi Brett

Yes I find that happens as well. Doesn't seem to be a problem however.

Josh

Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

Re: Outlook Addin failing to meet installation criteria for 6.2.5 test client install

Continued the install and received a couple of errors on installation advising that tjdmscom.dll failed to register.

Then, when launching TRIM the messages that it is connecting to the server and initialising toolbars appear then it stops launching.

Attached are screenshots of the errors.

Brett

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try running the install as admin:

1. Right-click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.

2. Navigate to the MSI in the CMD prompt.

3. Run the MSI from CMD prompt.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

Hi Jon,

That seems to have got me past the Outlook add-in failing to meet the installation criteria. However, I'm still getting the tsjdms.com.dll failing to register errors.

Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

And TRIM won't launch (connecting to dataset then screen disappears).

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hmm, havn't seen the error myself, but it sounds like something is broken in Windows.

MDAC maybe?

If it's a test machine, I'd probably just reinstall Windows and start again.

Another thing, have you turned of UAC? If not, disable it completely and re-run the install as admin. (Do a full ininstall first).

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the info so far Jon. We've done a rebuild of the machine between install attempts so Windows should be OK (unless there a problem with our Image). We're still looking into disabling UAC.

However, we've noticed in the Computer Management - System Tools - Event Viewer - Windows Logs - Application there are a number of SideBySide errors. The first one seems to be

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\TRIM Context\TRIM.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Would this be related to the UAC?

Brett

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

I've seen User Account Control (UAC) cause all sorts of strange errors with installing new software. I'm with Jon on this one - turn it off and start all over again.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

We've been able to get it to as a client on two test machines by using the following process

• Reimage the machine as a bare metal build
  • Create an enterprise install package for 6.2.5.1300
  • Install VStor30 on the machine (entering an admin password when prompted by UAC)
  • Run the WindowsRuntimes.msi that comes with 6.2.5 (entering an admin password when prompted by UAC)
  • Uninstall 6.2.4 from the machine (entering an admin password when prompted by UAC)
  • Using the Command Prompt running as an administrator, do a silent install of the enterprise install package

We tried installing the WindowsRuntimes.msi and undertaking a manual install. However, this failed.

The initial response here to turning off UAC has been that this is not a feasible solution.