Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering Pattern

Highlighted
MWilson88
Super Collector

Numbering Pattern

Hi All,

In late December our generic 'Document' Record type numbering reached over 100000 and ofcourse the Record Type was not setup to allocate such a number. I adjusted the numbering pattern to KYY/GGGGGG (A12/100000) and users continued to create records without error. However, with the new year the numbering pattern has reset (A13/0) and some users when creating a new record are asked to allocate a record number rather then TRIM automatically generating one.

TRIM 7.1.1157

Any info/advice would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES
MWilson88
Super Collector

Re: Numbering Pattern

Update: Some of our users are accessing TRIM from a MAC via VM Ware. It appears that if the users suspend there login, rather then logging out, and try to create a new record for the first time it will reset the numbering pattern in TRIM.

Matt

Damitha
Regular Collector

Did you restart the workgroup service after changing the numbering pattern?

I saw similar issue in TRIM 6.2 release, restarting the workgroup service fixed the issue.

Regards,

Damitha Bogahawatta
Principal Consultant
Talent Consulting Services
MWilson88
Super Collector

I belive the service has been restarted, however I will touch base with our TRIM DBA to do a restart - hopefully we do not encounter the issue again.

Thanks for your advice.

Matt

Sander Hoogwerf
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing the users suspend the virtual machine with the TRIM client still open. Even though the workgroupserver  has the new correct information, the client may not ask for the updated information.

Have the user restart the TRIM application and I suspect all will be OK.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
MWilson88
Super Collector

Thanks Sander, I will continue to advise people to restart their VM machine before accessing TRIM.

Matt

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event