cancel

Missing events

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
CountyGPTrimGuy
Frequent Contributor.

Missing events

This morning I've been getting spammed by the "Service TRIM event processor" - I've gotten 117 messages.  However, I can't see anything at all in the server's application event log.  Where else should I be looking to see what's going on?

6 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Missing events

The content of the email should contain the error.   What's in the content of the messages?

CountyGPTrimGuy
Frequent Contributor.

Nothing relevant.  I've been asking HP for a manual/how-to as far as setting the emails up to give that kind of information but I've been told that doesn't exist.

Email content:

This E-mail Message has been automatically generated by TRIM Context (<servername redacted>).

Sander Hoogwerf
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

We recently had the exact same problem with e-mails sent out from our servers (TRIM 6.2.3).

After we switched to a new SMTP server, our e-mails suddenly didn't contain any information except from the "automatically generated" footer. When a database error occurred, we did get the indented OLEDB error details, but nothing else.

After a few weeks of investigation without finding any plausible cause (in TRIM and e-mail server), we switched back to our old SMTP server and the contents of the e-mail was restored mysteriously.

Local ICT is still investigating here locally because they want to decomission the old machine.

But regardless of these e-mail issues, all error messages should appear in the Eventserver logfiles in your "<TRIM installation path>\ServerLocalData\Log" directory.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
Philip Harney
Outstanding Contributor.

Interesting.. I have a customer with the same issue of nothing in the email sent from the exchange server.  Its got to be a security issue with a SMTP request being created and sent directly to the exchange server instead of an actually email.

CountyGPTrimGuy
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Sander - the logs in that location determined that this isn't a serious error.

As far as the blank emails, this system is a setup that I've been passed; I know we've changed several things since the original setup (email servers, db locations, datasets) and it's entirely possible that it is a security matter as to why the contents are blank.  I've tried taking the HP administrator course; however it's more of a "this checkbox makes it do this..." kind of thing.  I'm told that the old TRIM-Network Administrator course would cover this type of thing but it's not offered anymore due to lack of interest.

I think the move to TRIM 7 might have had something to do with the lack of the course as well; it's interesting though that no TRIM 7 - Network administrator course was planned the last time I checked.

If anyone has a manual from the OLD network admin course, It'd be much appreciated. Sander, if you could let me know when/if your ICT ever figures out what's going on, I'd appreciate it very much: non descript error messages are, well, pretty useless.

Philip Harney
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey CountyGPTRIMGuy

Yeah its the Technical Implemenation course, I helped write the 6r2 one for TOWER/HP and use to run it .. Now Im on the outside and from what Ive heard there isnt one yet.

As for it being on the course, Not exactly, as its a issue more then known content. I will investigate it and let you know if I sort it out.  For the life of me Im sure ive fixed it a couple of years back but have no idea.

Phil