Client Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It was tricky to put HP TRIM Icon on right click "Send to" menu in Win 7 , Also MS WORD Problem

Highlighted
Delete_or_Not
Regular Collector

It was tricky to put HP TRIM Icon on right click "Send to" menu in Win 7 , Also MS WORD Problem

Hi,

The environment : HP TRIM 7.1.1828 , Windows 7, Office 2010

Did anyone had any trouble in regards to how to place HP TRIM Icon into the "right click" menu of "Send to" - HP TRIM in Windows 7 environment ? It was bit tricky for me till win shell send to was executed to actually find the path / folder "Send To" where the icon was to be drag&drop....

I was also nicely surprised to find out that in this environment Once the email message is cataloged in HP TRIM, the document number was really showing in the MS Outlook columns (If we choose to show that columns) . It also printed out the document number on the top of the printed message.

The real problem is now actually to force the users in this environment to save MS Word documents in HP TRIM . There is a way that user can avoid that by choosing to save the MS WORD document in some other format, which opens another menu where the user have option to save it as Doc or Docx again, but not in HP TRIM...Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
raynebc

Re: It was tricky to put HP TRIM Icon on right click "Send to" menu in Win 7 , Also MS WOR

It also annoys us that Trim no longer adds itself to the Send To menu of all accounts on the computer.  We've been having our users run a script to copy the Trim shortcut from a fileserver to their send to menu:

copy /y "[PATH GOES HERE]\HP TRIM.lnk" "%userprofile%\SendTo\"

To force the user to not be able to save from Word outside of Trim (for new documents at least), you might be able to lock down the appropriate sections of the registry to preven users from changing the "Allow access to Windows File Open and Save Dialogs" option, but I don't know if this is a guaranteed way to fix it, especially since savvy users may figure out how to go back and change it.

Delete_or_Not
Regular Collector

Re: It was tricky to put HP TRIM Icon on right click "Send to" menu in Win 7 , Also MS WOR

Thanks,

My team did try to change the "Allow access to Windows File Open and Save Dialogs" , but the best they came up was to disable "Change file type" under the Save&send menu, which is not acceptable, as user must have this option but to save the document into HP TRIM Dataset, not anywhere else ....

Regards

http://www.msoffice-tutorial-training.com/images/word-2010-save-as-pdf.jpg

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

raynebc wrote:

It also annoys us that Trim no longer adds itself to the Send To menu of all accounts on the computer.  We've been having our users run a script to copy the Trim shortcut from a fileserver to their send to menu:

copy /y "[PATH GOES HERE]\HP TRIM.lnk" "%userprofile%\SendTo\"

To force the user to not be able to save from Word outside of Trim (for new documents at least), you might be able to lock down the appropriate sections of the registry to preven users from changing the "Allow access to Windows File Open and Save Dialogs" option, but I don't know if this is a guaranteed way to fix it, especially since savvy users may figure out how to go back and change it.

See change request QCCR2D42399:  "Send To" shortcuts only created for installing user

A workaround could be to copy the Send To shortcuts from a nominated location (either local or network) as part of a login script into the current user's profile (C:\Users\<CurrentUser>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\) if they don't already exist for that user.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event