Did you mean: 

Issue Using Latest Date Declared As Final of Contents

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ireneva
Super Collector

Issue Using Latest Date Declared As Final of Contents

Hi, any help on this would be much appreciated. I have a folder in which the file plan is attached using titling and then documents are placed within the folder. The documents inherit the disposition and are awaiting the trigger. The trigger is based on date final. If I have document A and document B and I finalize document B, my disposition is updated and is no longer waiting for the trigger. However if I finalize document A, it still says it is waiting for the trigger and does not update. I have even tried finalizing the folder and document A still says it is waiting for the trigger. Please let me know if I am not doing something correctly. 

4 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue Using Latest Date Declared As Final of Contents

EDIT: Sorry, replied to wrong thread, I'll see what I can do with your question in a sec. :smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Grundy
Honored Contributor

When a document is placed into a Container, the disposition is normally controlled by the Container and is not scheduled on the individual Documents.

I'd be interested to see what settings you have configured on the Record Type properties for the Document under the 'Defaults' tab.

There are some settings which may affect what you are seeing here, such as 'Records of this type have no explicit Schedule'.

Also, have you checked that the Event Processor is processing the Scheduled Event Trigger events?

There may be a delay in processing that has caused the problem you are seeing because the triggers have not been processed yet.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
ireneva
Super Collector

Is there a way that the disposition can be triggered based on the document when it is in a container? Like maybe using a different trigger or if there is some setting. We would like disposition to be tracked at the document level so if document a in folder xyz is final but document b is not, document a's disposition will start regardless of whether document b is final or not.   

Grundy
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yep, makes sense.

I havn't tested scheduling in a while, so you may want to check this:

I think you will need to ensure that there is no schedule on the Container.

If the container is scheduled, then any documents in that container will still be affected, even if they have their own schedule.

As long as there is no schedule applying from above (Container levels), then you should be able to apply the triggers to the documents without a problem.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event