cancel

Issue Editing Excel 2007 with Share Workbook Activated

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mark de Berg
Honored Contributor.

Issue Editing Excel 2007 with Share Workbook Activated

This issue appears similar to the MS Word 2007 revisions problem reported by Brett Danalake earlier this month.

Excel 2007 spreadsheets saved to TRIM with the “Share Workbook” feature activated are not able to be edited using the TRIM Edit feature.

The user is able to invoke the edit feature and the document is opened in MS Excel 2007. TRIM marks the document as Checked Out and the user happily starts making changes to the spreadsheet.

When the user saves and closes the spreadsheet, an error message is received stating “The File H:\System\Context\TRIM\Offline Records (DS)\Excel Share Workbook Test.xlsx cannot be Found.”

In TRIM the document is marked as Check In and the audit log states, “Document Returned Unchanged”.

The user is then forced to save the file as a new record or on a local drive.

I know that TRIM does not support Linked Spreadsheets, however, this behaviour is concerning and I think it should be classed as a bug with HP.

Has anyone experienced this issue and Grundy, does HP know about it?

Environment: TRIM 6.2.4 1240, Win 7 and Office 2007

Cheers

Mark

2 REPLIES
Mark de Berg
Honored Contributor.

Re: Issue Editing Excel 2007 with Share Workbook Activated

More information:

This issue does not appear to occur when using the "Check Out" feature.

Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Issue Editing Excel 2007 with Share Workbook Activated

Hi Mark,

I looged this about a year abo with HP and was advised it was due to the Excel Sharing not placing a "lock" on the file in offline records. Therefore, TRIM Watcher will come along, assume the file has been finished with anc check it back in.

Unfortunately sharing will turn on when a user uses track changes in Excel.

As you say, manula check out and check in seemed to be the only solution.