Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Relational Operator when dropping files into RM Client

Highlighted
CandyBean
Super Collector

Invalid Relational Operator when dropping files into RM Client

Hi guys,

I'm currently testing RM 8.2. When attempting to drop a file into the RM Client the "Select from Record Types -all" window appears but has an error "HP Records Manager Workgroup Server on 'UQ-RMTest1' reported an error. Database query failed with a SQL error".

The event log and RM WGS logs indicate an invalid relational operator (ORA-00920)

The Oracle database/client is 12C

WGS running on Windows 2012 R2

Please help me out.

Thanks in advanced

6 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Invalid Relational Operator when dropping files into RM Client

Hi, Do you have record types configured in that database?

If you do, are you able to use the new record button to create a record and bring up the record type window?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
CandyBean
Super Collector

Hi guys,

It wasn’t an issue in previous versions but I was running Oracle 11g. 12C should be compatible with RM8.2 but possible it could be a problem?

Oracle 12C version 12.1.0.2.0

The database was upgraded from TRIM 7.34 to RM 8.2 and from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c.

I have two datasets that the RM client can connect to and both have the same issue. One dataset was upgraded from 8.1 to 8.2 and the other was from 7.34 to 8.2.

Just in case you would like to see what 7.34 shows when I do a drag and drop:

CandyBean
Super Collector

It certainly is a bug with the 8.2 client and not the database side. I just tried using the RM 8.2 client with TRIM 7.34 dataset (current production) that uses 11g client and 11g database and the query failed:

I have installed 8.11 client connecting to a 7.34 workgroup server and the drag and drop works. Installing the 8.2 client and connecting to a 7.34 workgroup server has the SQL query error

I’ve had a look at the query from a 7.34 client and it looks a little different to the 8.2 query (to the same 7.34 workgroup server/dataset).

7.34 query:

SELECT  uri,rtShortName,recTypeName  FROM TSRECTYPE  WHERE ( 1=1  AND  rtValidFrom <= '201509111359591' AND ( rtValidTo = ' ' OR  rtValidTo > '201509101359591') AND  uri > 0) ORDER BY  UPPER(rtShortName)  ASC  , UPPER(recTypeName)  ASC

8.2 query:

SELECT uri,recTypeName,rtShortName FROM TSRECTYPE WHERE ( 1=1 AND rtValidFrom <= '201509111359591' AND ( rtValidTo = ' ' OR rtValidTo > '201509101359591' ) AND ( rtFlags & 32 ) = 32 AND rtFlags > 0 AND ( uri  * 2 <>  uri  * 1 ) ) ORDER BY UPPER(rtShortName)  ASC , UPPER(recTypeName)  ASC

Not sure if that helps?

Possibly something in: AND ( rtFlags & 32 ) = 32 AND rtFlags > 0 AND ( uri  * 2 <>  uri  * 1 ) )?

Change of query code…..

Definitely a bug with the RM 8.2 client. Can you please let me know if there is any work around / bug fix in progress?

Thank you very much.

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Just ran testing against my 8.2 with a SQL backend and there was no issues with the drag and drop and that was an upgraded DB from 8.11.

Just in the process of setting up an 8.2 with 12C

In the mean time, can you confirm:

If you are able to create a new record?

Has the dataset been upgraded to the current schema?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
CandyBean
Super Collector

Hi Greg,

Yes we can create a record by clicking "New", then create a new blank electronic file record and then drag the file into that blank electronic file. That is the only work around we have.

The drag and drop does not work for

1. a) dragging the file into client with no record open
  2. b) dragging the file into a parent record with no linked electronic file record
  3. c) check-in functionality of an email from Outlook.

Yes we have run the upgrade schema for the RM database.

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Hi,

Just tested against 8.2 and Oracle 12C, no issues with drag and drop.

Give this a try, head to the enterprise studio and run a schema repair on the dataset. See if that makes a difference.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event