Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving DCI Response Time

Highlighted
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Improving DCI Response Time

Am on 6.2.4.1240.  Outside of upgrading to a different version does anyone know of any tips/tricks to get the DCI response to improve?  If I do a search for "V5766112" the record comes right back in a second or two.  If I do "*5766112" it hangs around for 5+ minutes and then gives me nothing.  If I do a title word of "Fal*" and a DCI of "ht*" it hangs for 10+ minutes and then gives me results.

Currently there are two DCI chains (1 is around 1.3GB and the other is a couple of MB).  Was thinking about parring it down to 512MB chains but I know in the past that never really helped.  Also, most of the noise words were removed from DCI because people liked the ability to search on phrases in DCI, which noise words made impossible.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Debbie Booth
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Improving DCI Response Time

Hi, We are on the same version of TRIM as you.

When we had a similar problem, advice from our support staff  was to run a regular update statistics function as part of the backup and maintenance schedule on our SQL server.  This is now run once a week, and we find it improves our searching response times considerably.  They wrote a script for us based on HP recommendations to do this.

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: Improving DCI Response Time

Unfortunately we've got the database statistics to re-generate every 30 minutes and the indices are rebuilt every night.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event