cancel

Import Retention Schedules using Import/Export Wizard

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TOTinQLD
Super Contributor.

Import Retention Schedules using Import/Export Wizard

Having trouble importing retention schedules using import/export wizard... when I get to the final step and should be able to choose 'Add Pairs' the import field names are not displaying...

I initially exported a sample schedule, and then added all the new schedules to the spreadsheet.  I saved the spreadsheet and then started the the import using the wizard... I selected the option 'File Includes Header row'... when I get to the last step in the wizard I get the following screen (see attached).

Is there a problem with this method?  Any suggestion on how I could import new schedules would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bernadette

5 REPLIES
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Import Retention Schedules using Import/Export Wizard

Try saving the spreadsheet as comma or tab delimited text first, then try importing the text file instead of the spreadsheet.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
TOTinQLD
Super Contributor.

Neil,

Sorry to bother you... I keep getting this error message...

Login success, User Keogh, Bernadette logged in to SEDRIKS on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 at 15:29:24

Import of Schedules started: 20/11/2012 3:29:40 PM
Destination TRIM Dataset: SEDRIKS
Source file: C:\Documents and Settings\bek\Desktop\SBC Retention Schedules V3.txt

Error trying to save Schedule, import line: 4 Detail: The 'Schedule Number' field cannot be left blank.
Import of Schedules finished: 20/11/2012 3:29:40 PM
Number of Schedules created: 1
Number of Errors: 1
Operation cancelled due to import error.

Would you mind having a look please... it's been a while since I've worked with import/export and it's showing!

Regards,

Bernadette

TOTinQLD
Super Contributor.

BTW: 6.2.4 1240

Sander Hoogwerf
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

The notes are your issue because they're spread accross multiple lines. Within the notes you should replace every CRLF by \r\n.

Make sure that every schedule occupies only 1 line in your import file.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks Sander!

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/