Client Support
cancel

Import Creates new locations and incorrect Person Locations in the locations Table

Highlighted
RodgerDodger
Outstanding Contributor.

Import Creates new locations and incorrect Person Locations in the locations Table

I am trying to import records into Trim using Trimport.  In the import, the owner location will change.  It could be one of 29 different locations.   Each location is of type "Person" and each location already exits in Trim.  The owner location is  within each line of text in the the import file.

In the past,  I would import records correctly when I would use locations of type "Organization."

The field "Owner Location Sort Name" and "owner Location Type" would be populated.

I tried the same with locations of type person and that did not work.

When I first began running the import I noticed the error "Locations of type Organization must have Owner Sort Name and Locations of type Person must have last name no prefix".  Also, I noticed that the default owner location was the owner location in all records created.

So I added the last name no prefix, ran the import and it created the value of the field in "last name no prefix" to the owner location (which was different than I wanted) and it created a new location in the location table for every record created.  Quite annoying.

We are using Trim 7.1.0.1157.

Does anyone have a solution so that I can populate the owner location field so that the existing location of type person is populated without creating a new location every time.

FYI:  since we are importing many records a delete and replace of locations is not the solution.

Thanks.

RD

1 REPLY
Delete_or_Not
Super Contributor.

Re: Import Creates new locations and incorrect Person Locations in the locations Table

Hi,

HP TRIM 7.1.1828, MS Office 2010 Win 7.

If this can help:

Using TRIMPORT.EXe and the special MS Exel template I was able to Import large number of locations type Organisation with all metadata (Address (street & mailing), phones, emails, notes, etc .... TRIMPORT would compare whether the Location already exist in TRIM under that name, if yes, it will update the Location type Organisation with new metadata. If does not exist in TRIM, it would create it with the metadata .... Although, first time by default, the organisation would be internal, Later re-run the import of the locations that are green icons (internal) with the metadata set to External and it would update the location's type to External ...

Once all locations are corretc in TRIM, then you start doing imports of the records.... That is how I've done it.

Regards