How to manage document queues that are no longer required

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Cathy Fyfe
Valued Contributor.

How to manage document queues that are no longer required

Hi all,

How do others manage Documents queues, especially those that are linked to Outlook. Even though users are asked to clean them up, they usually aren't and we have multiple queues that are no longer utilised as people have left the organisation or are no longer needed.

I am also finding it difficult to establish what queue is linked to what TRIM folders. For example I went to delete a subfolder that was accidental created but I am unable to as it is linked to a document queue. I have hundreds and with the potential to roll it out across the whole organisation I shudder to think how many will be in there.

Any advice would be much appreciated

cheers

Cathy

2 REPLIES
Neil Summers
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

Re: How to manage document queues that are no longer required

Hi Cathy.

I agree there really isn't a simple method of managing redundant document queues, and the list will grow continually over time.

The fact that TRIM records only a machine name and not the name or login ID of the user who created the queue doesn't make things any easier. Perhaps you may want to log an enhancement request via the SSO website for TRIM to include the name of the creating user of a document queue, and to allow searching/filtering by creating user in the Tools - Record - Document Queues screen. At least that way when someone leaves you can search for document queues they didn't remove.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Neil Summers
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to manage document queues that are no longer required

Hi Cathy,

Actually I've just noticed there's already a CRID in the system (33958) that includes a similar request to add the creator of the queue to the displayed data.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/