High CPU Usage while in My Containers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
OrinW
Trusted Contributor.

High CPU Usage while in My Containers

Hi All,

I have a user who when viewing his My Containers folder expericences a constant CPU load of about 20% even when not performing any tasks. When rightclicking on documents it will take a long time to fade in. When using any other view TRIM is fast and responsive.

Can you advise if there is a profile or something I can reset here or any possible troubleshooting suggestions.

12 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: High CPU Usage while in My Containers

Hi,

If it is only one user, it might be worthwhile checking if they get the same issue on a different workstation. If there is a problem try resetting their Windows roaming profile.

If there isn't a problem could be an issue on the original machine - reinstall TRIM. Reset local profile.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
OrinW
Trusted Contributor.

Tested on another PC and produced the same results. Have tried a new profile also.

Ethan_Wang
Trusted Contributor.

May I know if all users are having the same problem ?

If not,  then consider of having another user location created in TRIM , and associate the newly created user location with the login that you have problem with, and then check if it persists..

If yes, I would recommend to enable logging for workgroup that the client is connected to, and see what we can find out in there.

Are you using any external links ?

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

This was a known issue in 6.1/6.2 days.

Are you still using a TRIM Context 6.X version?

It was directly related to how many toolbar customisations and buttons were enabled on their UI.

Reduce the number of buttons and toolbars to help reduce the load.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
OrinW
Trusted Contributor.

We are running 7.2.1. I reset the users toolbars from the global settings and the issue was resolved. running get global caused the issue to return. this was in HP TRIM and Not desktop.

Thanks for the push in the right direction grundy. Next steps is to indentify why this is occuring in the get global settings.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try reducing the buttons one by one to see if the behaviour improves with something specific on the toolbar.

If you can find out which one it was, please let us know! :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
OrinW
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Seems to be this button here

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Probably worth raising a case with HP so they can fix it for you. :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try taking it off the menu and putting it onto the standard toolbar. Do you get the same behavior then?
OrinW
Trusted Contributor.

No. Still occurs.

emTRIM
Super Contributor.

Fascinating...

OrinW, as previous posters have asked... is this behaviour only against a single specific user or is it exibited across the board?

Would be interested to know... thank you.
OrinW
Trusted Contributor.

I can replicated the cause on both my TRIM account and the inital clients. Cant replicate it on a TRIM admin in our records section however. No other reported users