HPRM 8.2.7591 32-bit Dataport on 64-bit OS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ross Phillips
Respected Contributor.

HPRM 8.2.7591 32-bit Dataport on 64-bit OS

Hi guys!

Was the bit-mismatch issue with x86 Dataport resolved in 8.2.7591?

I though I saw a completion for QCCR2D55789, but it's not listed in the 'fixes' document and I still get the same error in the new client.

Cheers

Ross

4 REPLIES
PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: HPRM 8.2.7591 32-bit Dataport on 64-bit OS

Confirming the issue still exist in HP RM8.2.01.7591 

Thanks

Steve_Urbina
Super Contributor.

I found a workaround to this issue. I also installed the core 64 bit files ONLY and the dataport utility works. It worked launching it from All Programs as well as from within Records Manager.

PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Can you please explain a bit more how did you manage it to work?

So you have 32 bit HP RM8.2 installed and you did what?

regards

Mq___
Trusted Contributor.

The origin of this problem lies in the corflags section of the header for the executable in question not being set correctly when installed.  As a workaround, the corflags.exe utility described here could be used to force DataPort to run as an x86 executable.

Eg.

corflags.exe /32bit+ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Records Manager\TRIMDataPort.exe"

I know that corflags.exe is installed with various versions of Visual Studio and some .NET SDKs but I'm not sure what the easiest means for a non-developer to get it is...

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**