Client Support
cancel

HPRM 8.1 Build 7240 Generated NUmber using Classification is disabled

Highlighted
hafizahfini
Super Contributor.

HPRM 8.1 Build 7240 Generated NUmber using Classification is disabled

Hi all,

I have a problem in creating a new record type in HPRM 8.1. I want to create a File with numbering using Based On Classification. I want to tick the Generated Number using Classification option but it is disabled. You may see the screenshot that I have attached. 

The Generated Number using Classification option is enabled if I save it the record type first.  Why do I have to save it first? 

FYI,  I am using an evaluation copy. 

Please advised.

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPRM 8.1 Build 7240 Generated NUmber using Classification is disabled

Have you tried adding a starting number? On the screenoshot you have provided see you can enter in the numbering pattern and a starting place for the numbers to begin from.

Enter those details in and see if it works.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
hafizahfini
Super Contributor.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it still the same. It does not make any difference if I key in those details.

Actually, this hasn't occur if using TRIM 6 and 7..We can just tick the Generated number using classification without those prefix and suffix.  

Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

Not sure why it is falling over for you, I have just tested and it was fine here are my options - see attached. 

NB: tested with the eval license as well.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
hafizahfini
Super Contributor.

Ermm..

Is there any configuration need to be done first? I have looked everywhere to enable this. My client also experience this kind of problem.