I can't see you spreadsheet, so this is a guess based on similar mistakes I (may) have made in the past ...
Did those 40 schedules that did not import use a character that also a seperator. So if you save as a comma delimted file where there also commas in the date being input, or did the notes have carridge returns line breaks instead or \r\n or tabs instead of \t ??
Can you please PM me an impersonalised import file along with the associated impersonalised project file that together replicate this error? The error message you have displayed points to a programmatic error. There may be a work around but without being able to replicate it locally I would just be guessing...
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Are you certain you have the same number of columns on every row - including blank ones (columns that is)? Check with a text editor not Excel - I would bet you are missing some trailing Tab Characters on those 40 rows.......
For performance reasons DataPort is rather lighter on validation of input than I would like to see - and I have seen that error before in the circumstances I described.
Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Thanks all, here is how my import spreadsheet look like, actually, this is the entry that was not imported, this schedule was not imported..Why?
I did format the MS Excell cells with the formula that i copy/pasted (Values only) at the begining ... (concatenate function plus CHAR(10) string that makes a new line, but i gave up on that one as DATAPORT would not import any items with a cell that has that formula in a cell... the aim was to have a notes field fairly large with 3 paragrapsh separated by new line / empty line)
Later I used the function as the Rich Kid suggested as separator:
\n\r and that one works in some case but not for all ... can anyone gues here?
Also, what are the "missing some trailing Tab Characters on those 40 rows......." ..how can we figure out f they are missing?
I even tried the clearing the cell format and placing the dummy text in the Notes field cells, but no success. The Dataport run the import but no schedules has been imported for those 5 problematic ones i selected to import...
No errors reported except those in the Log file that say ID : 2 URI 0 details: Index was outside the bounds of array ..I think error code is 1968 ...
Not sure what to do here, how to upload those 40 and other schedules in the future..?
P..S. - I managed to manualy create those 5 randomly seletced problematic Schedules... so the import sheet or SQL Database error is the cause of this issue
I appologise, but it looks like that it could be the simple error that i just realised;
and somehow in that yellow picture above I did not copy all the fields from the spreadsheet, one is missing, the critical one:
The college of mine was working on copy/paste this fields and somehow instead of proper syntax : "Archived;0;0;DateClosed;NoRounding;;;" my college deleted the end ";;;" part from the cell for Triggers.
Once I added these semi-columns for field to look like "Archived;0;0;DateClosed;NoRounding;;;" I could import those retention schedules