HP TRIM has stopped working when a document open all day

Highlighted
MichaelHeming
Regular Collector

HP TRIM has stopped working when a document open all day

Hi everyone,

I have a user who is receiving the error message in HP TRIM 7.33 (Build 5645):

HP TRIM has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program.

-> Close the program

The user has indicated that they receive this error two or three times a day.  They have also experienced having a document checked out of TRIM all day, but then TRIM stops working or they are asked to save the document as a different document.  I assume both of these events indicate that the user's connection to the TRIM database has been broken.

The user and a few other members of his team experience this issue but I have not had reports from other areas so it is not widespread (to my knowledge).  Unfortunately the generic nature of the error message means I'm not sure where to start looking to fix the problem.

8 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: HP TRIM has stopped working when a document open all day

There are known issues with that build of 7.3.3, specifically in regards to the Workgroup Service stalling.

You may want to consider upgrading to 7.3.4 instead to resolve this.

Also make sure no one is saving/deploying a TES config during business hours as that can cause the clients to crash too.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

As Jon has mentioned there are a couple of issues around 7.33 and Workgroup server performance.

You mention that there is only one user affected, is that the case?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
MichaelHeming
Regular Collector

I've only had one user (and his team) report the problem, but most people in our organisation that use TRIM capture completed documents, rather than editing them once they've been captured.  It could be the case that this is a widespread issue, but that most users haven't encountered the problem because TRIM is an afterthought.  Hardly an advertisement for incorporating it into the work process.

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Would they consider moving to 7.34

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
MichaelHeming
Regular Collector

Considering we upgraded to 7.33 in November, a further upgrade at this point (or in the near future) isn't likely.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

There's a patch release for 7.3.3 as well that fixes the WG crashing and date creep issues.

In either case, you should really get off the bad 7.3.3 build as soon as possible.

The longer you use it, the more records that will have the date issue against them and more work to clean up later!

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
MichaelHeming
Regular Collector

Yes, we've already encountered the date creep problem and applied the hotfix that was supposed to rectify it.  However, since then we have had more records evidence the problem, registered from before we upgraded.

Are you suggesting there is a separate patch for the WG crashing problem?  Or is it the same patch as the date creep one?

Grundy
Honored Contributor

If you are on 7.3.3 5645, there's a newer build, 5670.

This needs to be applied on both client and server sides.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event