Our environment is Win7, MS Office 2010, HP TRIM 7.1.1828 SQL 2008-R2
Planning to go to HP TRIM 7.3.3 (Client & Server) and Windows Server 2012 ... Is all this supported / integrated, IDOL too?
Are there any specific concerns/issues regarding the installation for 4000 users? (WE've heard keyview vievwer and 32 bits installations patch etc?)
- When deploying the installation how to automatically solve the Shortcut Keys (Function keys) which are not functional after the installation?
-Is the Data Integrity issue fixed in this version/build 18.104.22.16845 ? (When selecting FIX the error, it displays the error)
E-mail messages(old ones) from desktop/folder e.g. in MSG or VMBX will be saved as MSG or VMBX formats and new messages from MS Outlook will be saved / catalogued as EML.
Also, all new messages saved to TRIM 7.3.3 if they are moved from MS Outlook inbox to the desktop, will be saved as MSG not as EML... How all this influences the saved searches used by users.?
KOFAX Server and HP TRIM 7.3.3 Integration?
There are some "confusing" changes in regards to Menus, in Tools we do not have Add to favourites, then in File-New we have Origin's TAB, In REPORTS we have records creation statistics and events statistics...
In TRIM options we have an option " associate tr5 reference file with": HP TRIM or HP TRIM desktop..?
In the system options now we have Optimise management of contained records to allow for very large folder sizes
Also, in the system options tabs for EVENTS and E-mail are sort of mixed and some functiones are moved from one to other...I am talking about the differences between HP TRIM 7.1 and 7.3.3
new ones from 7.1 to 7.3.3. :
Manage eternal holds
Records authority management
Job control administrator
Idol index administrator...
Then in HP Administration we have new menus:
IDOL Record reindex
IDOL User reindex
Can someone please explain some of these new changes / features?
3. Function keys: haven't heard this to be a problem
4. Yes data integrity issue was fixed I believe
5. Email questions: educate the users to update their searches (both saved and ad-hoc). Personally I hack the database and bulk update those which are using extensions with "VMBX" and "MSG", though that's totally not supported. I've also seen where some workstations don't have EML associated with Outlook properly, so opening EML's goes all crazy. Apply the microsoft patch or force out some registry keys.
6. KOFAX: donno... not sure why it wouldnt work
7. Menus: favorites has never been under "tools" by default. New: these have been there since 7.1? Reports: these have been around for a long time. Options Reference Link: this used to be set during installation, now the user can change themselves
8. Optimizing large folders: great new option. Review the help file for the very long explanation of impact
9. Email and Events used to be on the same tabs.... they've been split beause they are really different things. Events are just audit logs and such... whilst email deals with notifications for system settings, action tracking, workflow notification.
10. Permissions -- these new permissions reflect the new functionality and ways to control the system (especially IDOL)
11. Administration menu: quarantine used to be on the server, now in the client. IDOL reindex... done through the client now and not the server.