cancel

HP Records Manager 8.1 Certification

Highlighted
Techgato6808
Super Contributor.

HP Records Manager 8.1 Certification

Good day all,

I wanted to know if Records Manager 8.1 has been certified by the Joint Interoperatability Testing Command(JITC) (DOD) as approved DOD RM software. I know the older versions of HP TRIM have been. Thanks.

Regards,

Techgato

10 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP Records Manager 8.1 Certification

You should check the JITC website or contact HP directly.

Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

It certainly is certified by JITC, you can find the option in the system options for the administrator.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Their website says HP Records Manager 8.0 was certified. I assume 8.1 certification will have already happened or is in progress. Just may not have been posted to their website yet. I'll ask the question internally to see if we can get an official answer.

http://jitc.fhu.disa.mil/cgi/rma/reg.aspx

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

OK I have it on good authority the certification of HPRM 8.1 will be happening in due course, with any luck hopefully around the end of this month. Recommendation is to keep an eye on their website (see my previous post above) for the update when it happens.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

BARRINGTON GREE
Super Contributor.

Also can anyone elaborate / add detail on 8.1's certification with ISO16175?

The statement in the release notes advises:

"HP Records Manager 8.1 is designed to the International Standard of Records Management (ISO 15489:2001), and elements of ISO16175: Principles and Functional Requirements for Records in Electronic Office Environments."

Is there any more info out there,  adding more detail on the addressing of specific elements of ISO16175 quoted?

Techgato6808
Super Contributor.

Neil,

Thanks so much for the quick answer. I appreciate it.

Cheers,

T-

Techgato6808
Super Contributor.

EWill,

Thanks for the advice.

T-

Techgato6808
Super Contributor.

Greg,

Thanks!

T-
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

BARRINGTON GREEN wrote:

Also can anyone elaborate / add detail on 8.1's certification with ISO16175?

The statement in the release notes advises:

"HP Records Manager 8.1 is designed to the International Standard of Records Management (ISO 15489:2001), and elements of ISO16175: Principles and Functional Requirements for Records in Electronic Office Environments."

Is there any more info out there,  adding more detail on the addressing of specific elements of ISO16175 quoted?

I doubt there's a formal document available that details certification of TRIM or HPRM against ISO 16175. I doubt there's ever been a formal certification against ISO 16175. Unlike standards such as US DoD 5015.2 (where there is a formal certification process available to software vendors) I don't know of a similar process whereby anyone actually applies for certification against standards like AS4390, ISO 15489 or ISO 16175. These standards are a statement of principles and functional requirements that an organisation can choose to use as a basis for their own formal set of requirements when going to market for a software solution such as HP Records Manager.

Neil

Mel Marlow
Super Contributor.

Neil is correct.  There is no product certification process that is attached to the ISO standards.  However VERS, DoD, JITC & others do.  Perhaps you might want to look into those instead.