cancel

Existing Favoruites when upgrading to TRIM 7

Highlighted
Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

Existing Favoruites when upgrading to TRIM 7

Hi,

We have our TRIM working folders set to go to our users H Drive (to enable it to move with them when they change desks; work interstate etc).

This was set in the Datapaths registry settings. TRIM7 doesn't seem to have this setting (or its not as cearly identified or not where I'm expecting to see it). 

Any thoujghts on how to point the datapaths to a specific location?

Brett

3 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Existing Favoruites when upgrading to TRIM 7

Brett,

If you are upgrading your TRIM client, you can use the batch file with switches to tell the installer where the application data files will be located for the user.  I haven't personally tried this but this is what the manual says.

Cheers,

Erik

Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Erik,

The TRIM7 install document says the datapaths is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\Datapaths

However this registry setting wasn't created when I did the install.

I did the install twice. First time I unistalled 6.2.4 then installed 7. Second time I left 6.2.4 and installed 7. Both times I had no datapath option in the HP TRIM registry settings.

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Brett,

It is my understanding that the conversion/inclusion of the old favorites is done during installation, not after.  You won't find the registry keys because they don't exist.  You need to include switches on your command-line parameter batch file deployment/upgrade of HP TRIM 7.  Doing a clean install/upgrade will not achieve what you're after.

Cheers,

Erik