Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel document has more data in TRIM viewer than in native application

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Excel document has more data in TRIM viewer than in native application

Hi,

Have had a user opening an excel 2007 document using TRIM viewer and seeing a lot of data in a template within the worksheet.

However, when opening the document to edit (or to view with Excel) there is no data in the worksheet.

Any thoughts on this?

We're using TRIM 6.2.4.1240, Windows7 and, obviously, Office 2007

3 REPLIES
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: Excel document has more data in TRIM viewer than in native application

G'day mate! :smileyhappy:

Are you absolutely sure about this?  There are many ways to store information inside of an Excel document.  Differing worksheets, header data, secured sheets/data, templates, forms, etc.  I'm thinking the data you're looking at is inside of a form stored in the worksheet.  Open the developer tab, click Visual Basic, and see what's listed in the left-hand pane.

Cheers,

Erik

Hi Erik,

Not sure what I'm looking for in Visual Basic but the Properties of the sheet in Question is

Display Page Breaks = False

Display RightToLeft = False

EnableAutoFilter = False

EnableCalculation = True

EnableFormatConditionsCalculation = True

EnableOutlining = False

EnablePivotTable = False

EnabelSelection = 0 - xlNoRestrictions

Scroll Area = Blank

Standard Width = 8.43

Visible = -1 - xlSheetVisible

Opening the previous revision all the data of the worksheet is visible in both TRIM viewer and Excel

In the current revision the data can only be seen with TRIM viewer.

I'm sure it's something in the Excel but, as always, it's happening in TRIM so must be TRIM's fault.

EWillsey
Honored Contributor
Solution

Well if you can see data in the previous revision but not in the current revision then the user must have done something to the worksheet.

Maybe email me the worksheet and I can have a gander?  Otherwise what you'd be looking for in the visual basic screen are that all sheets listed have the "Visible" attribute set.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event