Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events not being processed

Highlighted
Rodders
Super Collector

Events not being processed

Just a quick query about something I haven't seen before.

I have a client with a TRIM 6.2 build, where for some reason some events aren't being handled. Documents can be entered, searched on (till the 24th of last month after which word indexing has stopped) viewed etc, but word indexing, email notifications etc are all just queueing up. When you look at the events monitor, the number Queued grows, the number processed stays the same. Interestingly even though the events processor has be stopped and started several times in the last few days, the monitor still reports a "Running Since" date of early March.

There are no errors in the Event or Workgroup logs, either leading up to it stopping, or since it has stopped. I am suspecting something on the SQL side of things...

I beleive a help request is/has been logged, just thought I would throw it out here and see if anyone had any suggestions?

Cheers

Rod

6 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: Events not being processed

There might be an issue if you have multiple event servers setup and there is some dodgy/old config stuck in the TSEVENTPRO table.

Best place to look would be the Application Events Logs in Windows.

There should be errors stating what has gone wrong.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Rodders
Super Collector

G'Day Jon,

That actually sounds quite plausible and kind of where my thinking was going. They actually had a server migration earlier in the year ( Back in Jan I think, well before the issue started) and the event server was renamed as part of that. I just wasn't sure that any effect of that would be delayed. I will point their DBA in that direction.

Cheers

Rod

Grundy
Honored Contributor

That could definitely by the problem.

If your DBA checks the TSEVENTPRO table, they should only see 1 row for each event type.

If they see any old servers or multiple rows for the same event type, it will cause an issue like this.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Rodders
Super Collector

Fantasic Jon,

I am not at all SQL savy, is it as simple as delete the rows = fix the problem, or are they going to have to weave some SQL voodoo to fix it?

Cheers

Rod

Grundy
Honored Contributor

In this case it's as simple as deleting the old/problem rows from TSEVENTPRO.

So quite an easy fix if this is the problem.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Ryan Winston
HPE Expert

Must agree with Jon on this.  You can simply run (or the DBA):

DELETE FROM TSEVENTPRO

The next time the Event Service is restarted, the table should be repopulated with entries automatically matching the configuration in the Event Server properties for that dataset.  This happens many times when a migration is done to a new server and the old entries aren't cleared out of that table.

As with any DB action, always backup the DB prior to making the change.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event