Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while sending email notification from TRIM 7.1

Highlighted
redhatwang
Occasional Contributor

Error while sending email notification from TRIM 7.1

Hi Gurus,

The follwoing error window popup while testing to send the TRIM email notification from the TRIM 7.1 WG:

Error when testing or processing mail notifications on Server 2008 R2:
"Your E-mail system reported an error. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (0x000003e5).. %2%"

The status of the TRIM event processing is blocked by error

The last error event details: Time-based event processing error accured on database 'ZZ' for processor 'Mail notification', details: "Your E-mail system reported an error. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (0x000003e5).. %2%"

My TRIM 7.1 setup:
W2K8 R2 64bit (IPV6 disabled)
TRIM 7.1 Build 1150
Exchange 2010 SP1 (IPV6 disabled)

Note: the email notifcation work fine on TRIM 6.25 WG + W2k3 + Exchange 2010 Sp1

Have been reading this post, however the Microsoft 6to4 driver is not on my network adapter listing
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Client-Support/Trim-7-10-Mail-Notification-quot-Blocked-by-Error-quot/td-p/2397910

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: Error while sending email notification from TRIM 7.1

Yep, the 6to4 adapter was potentially the workaround for this, but we've found that this error message can appear for multiple reasons.

Double-check the email settings also to ensure they are correct.

If you still get the error, please log a support case (if you havn't already) and we will need to report this to R&D.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Terry McKenna
Frequent Visitor

Verify that the eMail address in the “TES > General > E-mail Server > Send e-mail from the e-mail address” is correct. The “Test Setup” button may pass even if the eMail address is not valid.

This can also be caused if a location has an invalid eMail address and that location is the “Responsible Location” of an Action. There are other scenarios as well but the root cause is a bad eMail address somewhere.

Hi McKenna,

Both setting for send e-mail from and send e-mail to are using a valid email address within the internal domain.

Same error occured.

Terry McKenna
Frequent Visitor

Then you should check for invalid eMail addresses for locations that are assigned “Alerts”, “Activities”.

Where can I find this Alerts and Activities? Is this a HP TRIm setting?

Terry McKenna
Frequent Visitor

Those are parts of TRIM. You should contact your TRIM Administrator, review the help file or submit a helpdesk ticket. Too much involved for the forum.