cancel

Error when trying to deploy configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael Beard
Trusted Contributor.

Error when trying to deploy configuration

We have 2 workgroup servers in our TRIM environment (6.24.1240).  When we make any changes in TRIM Enterprise Studio and then attempt to deploy to all workgroup servers, we receive an error similar to below via email:

TRIM Workgroup Server running on eamdcsermp01.energy.com.au reported the following message:
 Error :   User: EAMDCSERMP01 -  An attempt to deploy a TRIM Enterprise Studio configuration to this TRIM Workgroup Server, from EAMDCSERMP02 ( user ENERGYCOM\svc_trim_P) was not successful. The configuration was rejected because it is inconsistent with the current configuration. You may need to manually deploy the file, by copying the file from 'EAMDCSERMP02' to this 'EAMDCSERMP01'.
This E-mail Message has been automatically generated by TRIM Context (eamdcsermp01.energy.com.au).

TRIM Workgroup Server running on xxxxxxxx01.xxxxx.xxx.xx reported the following message: Error :   User: xxxxxxxx01 -  An attempt to deploy a TRIM Enterprise Studio configuration to this TRIM Workgroup Server, from xxxxxxxx02 ( user XXXXXXXXX\trimservices) was not successful. The configuration was rejected because it is inconsistent with the current configuration. You may need to manually deploy the file, by copying the file from 'xxxxxxxx02' to this 'xxxxxxxx01'.

This E-mail Message has been automatically generated by TRIM Context (xxxxxxxx01.xxxxx.xxx.xx).

We have tried manually copying the file across but we still continue to get the error complaining of the inconsistency after making any change and trying to deploy to all workgroup servers.

Has anyone seen a similar problem?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

4 REPLIES
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Error when trying to deploy configuration

Hi Michael

This is some b*llsh*t message which I reported to HP in November 2008. The CRID number is 4873. 

Many service packs and builds later and they have never bothered to fix.

From what HP told me you can safely ignore. I have it all the time and everything is working normally.

Sander Hoogwerf
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

I have only seen configuration being rejected when servers are added/removed from the configuration. Probably requiring server administrators to copy the configuration file thereby preventing "smart users" with too many permissions to their local PC from installing TES and hijacking production workgroup servers with their own dataset. A solid authentication mechanism around deploying should prevent misuse like this. Usually we only edit TES on 1 "controlling" workgroupserver and have a batch file on standby to copy the configuration to all other machines. This way we always know what is the correct configuration and don't end up with multiple "similar" configurations.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
Brett Danalake
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I've been getting the same message on deployment since upgrading to 6.2.4.

As Josh says I've just been ignoring it.

Brett

Michael Beard
Trusted Contributor.

Ahh I see - thanks for the shared experience guys.

I think we'll just ignore the errors but also look at implementing a similar process to yours Sander