Client Support
cancel

Error when installing HP Records Manager 8.2 7591 - Incompatible Method

Highlighted
WAInfo
Occasional Advisor

Error when installing HP Records Manager 8.2 7591 - Incompatible Method

When running the setup_HPRM_x64 from the install media the following error is appearing.

I have removed all traces of HP RM from the Computer - Windows Explorer and Registry, however the error still occurs when running the installer.

HP RM 32bit can be installed with no issues using the setup_HPRM_x86 installer.

Can anyone confirm why the above error is occuring or offere advise on what might be causing it?

5 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: Error when installing HP Records Manager 8.2 7591 - Incompatible Method

What OS?

Did you install all 3 prerequisites?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Tonyt_1
HPE Expert

I haven't seen this issue but there is another post for the RM 8.2 patch 1 release where someone else had the same problem - http://community.hpe.com/t5/Implementation-Access-Issues/Installation-of-HP-RM8-2-Incompatible-method/td-p/6785841

It seemed that somehow the old install was causing the problem, and what I would suspect is that for you the old 64bit client has not been completely removed, the Registry contains entries in almost every hive for RM. The 32 bit install, will work as this is installed in different locations and so it is a 'clean' install.

What you can try to do, is reinstall the old 64 bit client; then run an uninstall. After the uninstall, close the workstation - that will ensure that all existing connections, etc are removed. Then restart, and install the client for RM 8.2.

If you still have problems, I would suggest opening a Support case for the problem - as you are not the only customer that has seen this issue.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Products/ct-p/sws-ProductFamilies
Tonyt_1
HPE Expert

Just checked the RM 8.2 Installation Guide and in fact there is a note about this -

Upgrading from earlier versions of HP Records Manager 8

Note

If you have installed HP Records Manager using an .msi installation file, you will not be able to upgrade to HP Records Manager 8.2 using Setup_HPRM_NN.exe. You will need to continue using .msi files for the upgrades or uninstall HP Records Manager and reinstall using Setup_HPRM_NN.exe.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Products/ct-p/sws-ProductFamilies
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Never had the issue myself since as a rule, I always uninstall the previous version first...

Guess that's probably the answer here.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
WAInfo
Occasional Advisor

The Previous version was uninstalled, the machine rebooted, and then attempted to run the Setup - this is when the error occured.

In the end we refreshed the machine and the install worked with no issues - thanks for all the advise!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event