cancel

Error on Folder

Highlighted
Jamie_1
Super Contributor.

Error on Folder

Hi, I am getting an error when trying to display folders contained within another folder.  Click on the plus sign and get the following error:

"Function request(Retrieve Dataset rows (Get RecordSet64) for TRIM Workgroup Server xxx failed.  WorkGroup Error. ORA-00936: missing expression"

Attempt to display properties of this fodler and TRIM locks up.

Any idea's on what may be causing this issue?  Only happens on this one folder (that we know of).

TRIM 6.1.5, Oracle 9, Windows 2003 (Yes I know it's old, out of support etc)

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Grant
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Error on Folder

The error is due to TRIM sending a malformed SQL statement to your Oracle database (basically, a bug in TRIM).  If you have a workgroup server log, you should be able to spot the culprit statement there (or post your workgroup log here and we can help).  Sadly, given you're on 6.1.5, your only likely way of solving this permanently is to upgrade TRIM.

Do you get the same error doing a contained within search on that container (rather than browsing via the + tree hierarchy)?

G.

Jamie_1
Super Contributor.

Grant, thanks ofr the reply.  I suspected this as well but do not understand why it would only affect one record if it is a bug.  Details from log are

GetRecordset(init)[2 4294967295 100] INSERT INTO TStmp2539b84733dcb7ae (uri) SELECT uri from TSRECORD where URI IN ()

Searching directly for contained records gives the same error.

Will keep investigating.

Thanks

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

What kind of search are you running?

A single record lookup should not be hitting a temp table. (TStmp....)

Do you clean up your temp tables at all? Maybe check how many are in the database at the moment?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Jamie_1
Super Contributor.

Grundy, Contained Records (+Alternatives) search.  There are 4 temp tables that I can see in the DB (btw the one referred to in the error does not exist in the db).  Supposedly a cleanup of temp tables is done regularly by ICT (am checking now as to when).

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Jamie_1 wrote:

..."GetRecordset(init)[2 4294967295 100] INSERT INTO TStmp2539b84733dcb7ae (uri) SELECT uri from TSRECORD where URI IN ()..."

Personally I suspect corrupt metadata causing it to come up with an empty URI IN () range.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Grant
Trusted Contributor.

Neil's spotted the problem ... the IN predicate has an empty set, which is the bug.  I suspect it's the "and alternatives" part of the search method that's triggering this, together with Neil's hypothesis that some dodgy metadata isn't helping.

If you just try just a vanilla "contained within" search on the parent container, without the alternatively contained option, I'm assuming it works?  My guess from there is you have entries in TSRECLINK that originally indicated child records alternatively containted in your container, but for some reason that metadata's gone haywire (though in theory there are foreign key constraints to help your database protect itself from TRIM bugs that would cause this).

If your DBA team is available, they could help diagnose this for you with the following queries:

-- alternatively-contained relationships that TRIM thinks exist for your record

select * from TSRECLINK
where linkType = 8
and rkRecUri2 = (select uri from TSRECORD where recordId = 'your-short-record-id-here')

-- alternatively contained records
select uri, recordid as "Actual alternatively contained records that exist"
from TSRECORD
where uri in
(select rkrecuri1
 from TSRECLINK
 where linkType = 8
 and rkRecUri2 = (select uri from TSRECORD where recordId = 'your-short-record-id-here'))

replace the 'your-short-record-id-here' value with the record number of the container on which you're performing these searches/browsing (keep the single quotes).  If this is a case of orphaned relationship data, the number of rows from each query will be different.  If both queries return the same number of rows, and more importantly, a matching set of uri/rkrecuri1 values, then the problem probably is elsewhere (e.g. just bad logic in the TRIM 6.1.5 code)

G.

Jamie_1
Super Contributor.

Grant, Neil thanks for the responses.  I will give your suggestions a go.