Client Support
cancel

Error Message in TRIM 6.2.5 : could not obtain mutex while synchronising the calendar etc

Highlighted
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

Error Message in TRIM 6.2.5 : could not obtain mutex while synchronising the calendar etc

Hi

One of our users had recently started having this error appear while testing TRIM 6.2.5.1300.

"Could not obtain mutex while synchronising the calendar, captions and file types"

It occurs whenever the user is connecting to TRIM either by opening the client or by opening outlook.

After the error is displayed the user has to reselect the TRIM dataset.

See attachment for error messages.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error Message in TRIM 6.2.5 : could not obtain mutex while synchronising the calendar etc

I'd try to rule out the Windows profile/machine.

Can the user in question log onto another machine and still get the error?

Do they have a roaming or local profile?

Try an uninstall and reinstall of TRIM and recreate the Windows profile if that doesn't work.

Can't say I've seen this error before!

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Sander Hoogwerf
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Error Message in TRIM 6.2.5 : could not obtain mutex while synchronising the calendar etc

We experienced the same error last year using TRIM 6.2.1 (for HP support reference see case ID 1604307409).

The only thing you can do is reboot the machine and pray it won't happen again.

We're not experiencing this error unless performing parallel launches of TRIM client or high frequency stop/start cycles of  workgroup, event or ICE server in test environment (for server side case ID 1603871659).

It's proven to be very hard to replicate. HP support and R&D was never able to nail down the root cause and try fixing it.

Good luck with this!

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology