cancel

End of Year - System Check Tasks

Highlighted
Yuri Prado
Super Contributor.

End of Year - System Check Tasks

Good Morning All,

I was wondering if anyone could their end of year system/application checklist, particularly Oracle DB tasks. Support for TRIM during the Xmas period is normally at the lowest and I want to make sure that no issues occur during the holiday break.

So far I have:

Backend Taks:

Integration Points

Workgroup Servers Health

Event Server

Document Store

Document Content Index

TSEVENTDAT Table

Application Tasks:

Finalisation of Records

Documents checked out

Calanders (New Year)

am I missing something?

Cheers....

Y.

Any

3 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

Re: End of Year - System Check Tasks

Hi Yuri,

HP doesn't have a recommended check list as most of these tasks should really be performed throughout the year. It is a quiet time of the year though, so it would be a good time to rebuild Word and DCI indexes and run some DB maintenance.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Mike Leydon
Super Contributor.

Maybe a Document Store Integrity Check (run from the TRIM client)?

Mike.

PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

I have developed my system check list with around 40 check points that I consider important. It is more about TRIM Database being clean, proper  record types in correct containers, then Locations, actions, X-X documents in database, docs without container, rubbish data accumulated in pending WGS folders, trim logs and dmp's , spelling word indexes, thumbs.db files in databse etc etc....

It is a slow process of cleaning and correcting things....

Regards