cancel

'Enclosed' documents

Highlighted
Tones
Super Contributor.

'Enclosed' documents

We have 2 'document' record types that appear identical in their configuration but their 'enclosed' behaviours are different. Both are set to be 'enclosed', read-only, default to 'yes'; one behaves correctly and is :

'enclosed' with Assignee - In Container 'Record No (Assignee Name)', Home Location - In Container.

The other does not behave as desired: not 'enclosed', Assignee - Assignee Name, Home Location (In Container).

Has anyone come across this before or have any suggestions on what other configuration settings to check?

Tones

8 REPLIES
TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: 'Enclosed' documents

When you look at the FORM, is the field "Enclosed?" displayed with a check mark in it?  If so, are there any errors/warnings when you create the record? 

Also, the container that the document is being enclosed in, check to make sure it's not a closed container, or that some other properties of the container isn't preventing the enclosure.

Which version of TRIM are you using?

Tones
Super Contributor.

The 'enclosed' box is checked, no warning appear when creating a record. I have 7 other document record types that behave correctly, 1 does not. I have added a record of each document type to the same test folder - 7 are enclosed, 1 is not. So not sure what other properties could be preventing enclosure.

We are using 6.2.4.1226

TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

That's very odd, the only thing I can recommend is that you open up two instances of TRIM, place them side by side, then open up the record type properties for the one that isn't working right, and in the other instance, open up the record type properties for one that is working correctly, and then do a screen by screen comparison.

Tones
Super Contributor.

I had already done a side by side comparison and there was no apparent differences noted. I also created 2 new document record types - one copied from the offending document record type (A), the other from scratch (B) - both configured identically. A new record created using A (copied from the offending document record type) exhibits the same problem (not 'enclosed'). A new record created using B works correctly. I have also noticed if I manually change the Assignee on a record created using A to the container, the read-only, unchecked 'enclosed' box becomes checked and the document is now 'enclosed'.

Are there any clues in those behaviours?

Tones
Super Contributor.

Upon further investigation, I went to the help file and found the following information:

• Default Enclose option - if you set this option for a record to 'No', then when you enter a container on the form, the default Assignee will be overwritten and it will be enclosed.
  • I cannot get this behavour to work correctly either.

TRIMGuru
    Acclaimed Contributor.

From the v7 help file:

• Container and enclosed behaviour - if a record is contained in a container on creation and the Assignee is not set, then the record automatically becomes enclosed.  If an Assignee is set, then the record will be allocated to the container, but not enclosed.

I know you're on v6.2, but is it possible the difference is that you have default assignees set in the document record type that is not working properly?

Tones
    Super Contributor.

None of the document record types have default Assignees.

TRIMinator
    New Member.

What is effected by a folder or document not being "Enclosed?"  Does it effect permissions or security?  I'm having the same problems figuring out how to get the folders/docs to enclose properly (even though the default on the record type is checked) but if there are no major reprecussions, then I suppose I won't worry about it but, if so, then I need to figure out how to correct this!

The only thing I see effected is the Assignee Location - but what does that MEAN?  I noticed when I go back in and check the Enclosed box after I create the record, the Assignee Location and Assignee Status change to "At Home Location."  Otherwise they appear to be defaulting to an Organization that my profile is associated with???  AND/OR I think it might have to do with the record type's Copy Style/Reference default?