Emails as Attachments

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
RodgerDodger
Outstanding Contributor.

Emails as Attachments

We are still using Trim 7.1.2.2017 and using Groupwise 12

I have noticed that sometimes when an email is cataloged with a Groupwise email as an attachment, the attached email has a icon different than the usual Trim icon I am used to.

See attached.   What is this all about?

Thanks.

RD

3 REPLIES
Oli_Wein
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Emails as Attachments

HI,  

Does this happen every time an email with a GroupWise attachment is catalogued?

From your screenshot it looks like it's sometimes captured in VMBX format and other times it picks up a GroupWise format, Is the attachment able to be viewed?

7.12 and GroupWise 12 are not supported as GroupWise 12 was released well after  TRIM 7.1.  This could be a factor.

Unfortunately Official support for TRIM 7.1 ceased around march last year,  therefore my recommendation is to upgrade to a supported version of HPTRIM or RM8 and see if the problem persists.

Cheers

OW

RodgerDodger
Outstanding Contributor.

Oli,

The format can be either way when an email with an email attachment has been cataloged in TRIM.  However,  the majority is the regular VMBX format.   This has just started happening since April 2015.

The format that is shown with the Windows Icon cannot be viewed with a Trim 7.1.2 Client but can be viewed with a Trim 3.5.5855 client.

We are working hard to implement Trim 7.3.5 and we understand we need to do this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

RD

RodgerDodger
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Those email attachments are of a type that Trim can't recognize.  That's it.

The icon comes up under those situations.

Trim 7.1.2 client  can't read it but Trim 7.3.5 client can.

Thanks.

RD