cancel

Document Queues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Joanna Thompson
Respected Contributor.

Document Queues

Hi, I just need confirmation of something. I'm clearing out document queues, and I want to know what it means when a queue has no default container assigned. I'm assuming it means that a user created a queue and then unlinked the queue, and therefore it will be ok to delete the queue as it's not linked to anything at this time, and further, that if and when the user relinks the queue, it will be recreated in the document queue list. We have thousands of queues and they are really hard to manage because we can't tell who the last user was (only the workstation it's been applied to, which is useless as we're a large government organization and assets/people move around like crazy). So, I just want to know if I'm correct, and can start deleting, or if there's something important I need to know so that I don't remove someone's queues by mistake.

Thanks!

Joanna Thompson
Senior Records Management Application Analyst
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Ministry of Finance, Government of British Columbia
2 REPLIES
Terry McKenna
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Document Queues

Hi Joanna,

You are correct on all points. Those queues are not linked to any folders so they can be removed from the list of Document Queues and if a user recreates them there will be a new entry in the list of Document Queues.

Re: Document Queues

Thanks very much, Terry.

Joanna Thompson
Senior Records Management Application Analyst
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Ministry of Finance, Government of British Columbia