Client Support
cancel

Document Content Search - Inconsistent results from Workgroup servers (7.12)

Highlighted
brian-b
Super Contributor.

Document Content Search - Inconsistent results from Workgroup servers (7.12)

We recently discovered that DCI searches from one workgroup server were returning significantly fewer results than those queried via a different Workgroup server.  The difference was significant (see screenshot).  The WG servers are virtual and in the same domain, and query the same index.

We remedied the problem with a service re-start on the server producing the reduced results, WG1 (which also is not running the event service).

It's puzzling and disturbing that this can occur.  Does anyone know how/why this can happen and further how to prevent it in the future?

Thanks,

Brian

1 REPLY
Neil Summers
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Document Content Search - Inconsistent results from Workgroup servers

Considering a WGS restart fixed it, I'm guessing a metadata caching issue on WG1. Perhaps look for entries in the Windows application event logs and TRIM WGS logs on the workgroup servers relating to an inability to communicate with other workgroup servers. Perhaps a firewall? For the information of the group it'd be handy to know which version of TRIM 7. Could make a big difference whether we're talking about ISYS or IDOL DCI.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/