SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

Dispositions in RM8.1 - How to set the file to DESTROYED as in HP TRIM 7.3.4

Hi,

RM8.1 testing continues....

Anyone knows how to set the Corporate File's disposition to DESTROYED, as we used to do in HP TRIM 7.3.4.

The HP RM 8.1 Help is not helpfull... there is just no options available as per their instructions.. I also tried to change some options in System Options, to show these options for Dispositions, but no results (No advanced Disposal porcessing).

Thanks

8 REPLIES
Erik Willsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Dispositions in RM8.1 - How to set the file to DESTROYED as in HP TRIM 7.3.4

This is working for me.  Keep in mind that some things have changed.  Here is what I would encourage you to check.

1) Ensure "Advanced Disposal Process" is not checked under the Administration->System Options->Features Tab

2) Ensure the record is at it's home location

3) Ensure the record type has "Allow Retention Rules to be applied"

4) Right-click and select "Archiving->Dispose"

5) If all of that fails, right-click->Security and Audit->View Rights", expand tasks for this record and look at the reason for dispose.

Cheers,

Erik 

PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Dispositions in RM8.1 - How to set the file to DESTROYED as in HP TRIM 7.3.4

Thanks Erik,

It is not going to work for me as I forgot to mention that my RM8.1 was manually installed.

So, I failed your first condition:

1) Ensure "Advanced Disposal Process" is not checked under the Administration->System Options->Features Tab

I do not have that option under the menu, as you can see in this screenshot

Well, at least, I think that is the reason .

Thanks anyway... Tests continues...

Regards

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Manual installation is irrelevant. Did you check the other items I outlined?
---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

Erik, I Just did

Ensure the record is at it's home location  - It was assigned to me, then I changed it to Virtual and later to Compactuses.

3) Ensure the record type has "Allow Retention Rules to be applied" -                              Ensured.

4) Right-click and select "Archiving->Dispose"    - did this, and it worked for my newly created file 3 days old..( Worked as :archiving--> dispose menu appeared..Off course, system would not let me destroy that one as it is 5 years period.

However, I tested other 3 other corporate files..

2 of them were to be retained forever - (there were some documents in those files) and menu exist for archiving-dispose however, those two files were to be retained forever.

3rd file, similar to those 2 has different retention, to be destroyed 10 years after. (It is 12 years old) ... No documents at all in it.. however, the Menu Arechiving - Dispose is not available there . (Date closed is 11 year old )

Any advice here?

Cheers

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

My advice would be to perform the steps from item #5 from my original response.

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, that actually helped to destroy the records

However,

Still I do not have option for:  Ensure "Advanced Disposal Process" is not checked under the Administration->System Options->Features Tab ( The option "Advanced Disposal Process" is just not there)

2) Ensure the record is at it's home location  - that was tricky part/confusing:

Assignee and Home Location were the same : some HOME Compatusses . However, system understand it, or it was always like that ( I have not done any File Destroying in years.... ) that File was still not at his Home Location until we do Location-Home (Set to Home Location which is the same where the record is set as Assignee ....)

Anyway, I managed to destroy the record(File) and 3-4 Electronic Documents within the file...

This raise another question: Once the file is destroyed, all documents within are destroyed as well... forever... Even when Administrator Un-Destroy the File, the documents within are still destroyed (meaning, metadata exist only, electronic documents are gone from the TRIM Store. The question is, when we set the retention schedule to e.g. delete 2 years after last action date, would then triggers be activated and delete these files and electronic documents automatically? Anyone tested this?

Thanks

Regards

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

The Advanced Disposal Process is only available if it's in your license.  That's not part of the standard HP RM Upgrade Edition.  You'd need the RM Edition.

Setting a record to the same home location as the assignee is not actually moving it home.  You need to change the assignee to be at home.  It's one of the options when setting assignee (or changing home).  This has been the case in most versions of HP TRIM/RM.

As for your latest question: nothing in HP RM is automatic.  The retention triggers are the guidelines for changing disposition.  It's not always correct.  A record could be on hold (using the actual hold feature), have been miss classified (wrong schedule), or within a container which has a longer retention period.  It's up to the records manager and business units to act on the triggers.

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

Now I have this issue in production, after the upgrade.

fixed