Disaster Recovery

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Damian Knight
Respected Contributor.

Disaster Recovery

Hi

Has HP published any documentation on DR planning for TRIM?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Damian

3 REPLIES
Neil Summers
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

Re: Disaster Recovery

Hi Damian,

I don't think there's anything by HP specifically about DR for TRIM. Typically HP say something like this:

"Rather than introduce further complication to an environment by deploying additional backup management facilities, TRIM Context is designed to fit within an organisation’s existing backup and disaster recovery management practices at the relational database management system (RDBMS) and file server levels. In practice, this means all meta-data, classes, folders, internal audit trail, etc. will be protected under the RDBMS standard backup and recovery procedures, and system configuration, external audit trail, document stores and content indexes will be protected under the organization’s chosen file server backup and recovery facilities."

I've attached an old white paper that probably originated from TOWER days that may be interesting reading:

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Philip Harney
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello,

There's no specific documentation I've ever seen on DR but I have implemented now two full DR sites here using standard DR technology.  TRIM actually is a really good fit.

Mirrored databases between sites.

Document Store replicated using DFSR.

TRIM workgroup servers Failover.

I have also done some work using a replicated database in my failover site to allow quick searching at both sites :smileyhappy:.

If you have any questions just send me a message.

Cheers

Phil

zemslee
New Member.

Hi,

A disaster recovery software works as a platform which is used for is the process, policies and procedures related to preparing for recovery or continuation of technology, if you are interested to buy disaster recovery software. So you choose the best.