Did you mean: 

Differing Client Behaviour on Double-Click of Document

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sandy Ewart
Regular Collector

Differing Client Behaviour on Double-Click of Document

Had recent reports from several users of different client behaviour when double-clicking on a document.

Normally would always display in TRIM Viewer, but users are having some newly created documents automatically checked out for editing in native app.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour or can suggest reason for this happening - struggling to re-create the effect, but issue has been witnessed by another Admin user.

2 REPLIES
Beau Richards
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Differing Client Behaviour on Double-Click of Document

Hello Sandy,

What programs are your users using?  In TRIM CONTEXT (or HP TRIM), a DOUBLE CLICK on the record will open documents to "VIEW" mode or READ ONLY in the native application where as a double click in TRIM DESKTOP will open the documents to "EDIT MODE" or perform an automatic "check out and open to edit".

This behaviour has always been in TRIM.  I would suggest investigating what program users are using.  Maybe somewhere along the line they started using DESKTOP instead of CONTEXT.

Hope that helps!

HPRM (TRIM) Training Manager
ControlPoint Training Manager
COURSE LISTING: https://registration.autonomy.com/trim
Sandy Ewart
Regular Collector

Re: Differing Client Behaviour on Double-Click of Document

Your spot on - having almost exclusively been using TRIM Context for admin tools,etc. I hadn't checked for this.

Done a check on my desktop and confirmed that behaviour - users are undoubtedly moving between both Context and Desktop.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event