cancel

Data Export options

Highlighted
MRelouw
New Member.

Data Export options

Hi All,

I have a client that has a old installation of Trim 6, they have not used the system for many years having moved on to a different product.  We are about to replace their servers and they have told me that they do not want to migrate the Trim system to the new servers.

However they do not want to loose the data, what they have asked is for a way to make sense of the documents in the document store.  I have had a look at the database tables and the information appears to be spread across multiple tables, what I'm strugling with (aside not being a SQL expret) is how the variuos tables interact.

Does anyone havea method/query to product a table/spreadsheet that would allow us to show which file belongs to which client, and what the document title/type is? 

Essentially something that shows Client, Document title, filename, etc

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Data Export options

This is overly complex when you can more easily just export all this data via the TRIM Client interface.

The TRIM client/system will still work as there wont be an expiry on the license.

You could essentially just do a search for ALL records in TRIM, tag all, export to XML so you get the electronic document and the Title and other relevant metadata in a matching XML file.

You can also use TRIMPort to export all the records with electronic documents into a csv file which you can then manage in Excel etc.

IF you are still keen on going down the database path, you need to understand all the links/references between tables and data.

To start you off, the primary record information is stored in the TSRECORD table.

This will contain data such as Record Title, Record Number etc...

Each row will have a unique id (URI column).

User information and location data such as organisations, customers etc, will be stored in TSLOCATION.

Electronic documents are stored in a few different tables depending on how the documents were managed and used in TRIM, though the primary table you will need is TSRECELEC.

This table contains a STOREID which refers to the document file name and folder path.

If you want to get all the documents exported out of TRIM with meaningful metadata attached, you need to link all the correct URI's together between tables.

So if you have a document in the store, you will have a file name.

This filename (including path, filenames can be reused across a store folder structure), will be found in TSRECELEC reSID column.

Once you have the correct row, the URI value in TSRECELEC will match up with the URI value in TSRECORD, so you can then select the Record Title (title) and Record Number (recordId) etc.

From the TSRECORD row, you can match the URI against TSRECLOC rlRecUri column.

This will give you a bunch of URI's which then match against the URI column in TSLOCATION.

Thill will give details of the Owner, Home, Assignee etc...

For the effort involved, I'd suggest just using the TRIM client. ;)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
MRelouw
New Member.

Thanks for the reply, I though we may be doing it a difficult way.  However I'm strugling with trimport.

Is there a easy way to select all records, it seems I have to select the clients 1 by 1 and add the records per client, with a large number of clients this is going to take some time, and may be error prone.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you use TRIMPort as an admin with the highest security level and ALL caveats applied, you will be able to find all records in a single search.

You should only need to do a single export on a small dataset.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au