Did you mean: 

Create Dataset Trim 7

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
slimtimbodin
Acclaimed Contributor

Create Dataset Trim 7

About a month ago I installed the trial version of TRIM 7.  I recently purchsed a single user license for it and am writing some C# code to connect to the dataset and add documents.  My code all works fine connecting to the "DemoDb" that already exists in Trim.

Now I want to try making my own dataset.

I opened up TRIM Enterprise Studio.  I right clicked Datasets and select New Dataset.  I proide the name, identifier and I select Microsoft SQL Server.  The help documentation says there should be a Create Dataset button that will open the Create Dataset dialog box.    Where is it?  I do not have a button like that.

3 REPLIES
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Create Dataset Trim 7

I should mention that you must first create a sql database with the name you want, THEN create a dataset in TRIM, selecting the name of the sql database you previously created.

Then you can click on the yellow folder, to the very right to link to that database.  I'm attaching a screen shot of it:

Yellow Folder

slimtimbodin
Acclaimed Contributor

Awesome Thanks.  Yes you are the TRIMGuru!  I saw that earlier and figured that was only going to build the connection string to the existing database but after setting it all up and clicking through all the dialogs it created the connection string AND created the database.

TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

lol, trust me, I am not the guru you think, there are a few others that are fantastic in here, I just help where I can.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event