Did you mean: 

Content Idexing Processor "blocked by error"

Highlighted
CandyBean
Super Collector

Content Idexing Processor "blocked by error"

Hi guys,

We are using HP TRIM 7.3.5.5855

We are getting the following error when we tried to search by document content and DCI stopped by "blocked by error" in TES.

Error : Function request (Issue content search (DocumentContentSearch)) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server 'X' failed. Workgroup Error. Unknown exception occurred.

We tried to show the 'Last Error Event Details':

Error processing event on database 'TN' for processor 'Content Indexing', event details: 388096743, boburi=12309943, storeid=, error details: The attempt to do an IDOL 'addDocumentStart' failed. The error was: Timeout threadId=4445

I found these following in logs related to DCI:

- TRIMEvent_TN_2015_29_11.log:

14:36:42.214          0    TN        Error : TN  User: T2712PRD84 -  The attempt to do a IDOL addDocument was refused by the IDOL server.  The error was: Forbidden

Would you mind helping to find out the root cause and the solution?

Thanks in advanced.

4 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Content Idexing Processor "blocked by error"

Firstly just rule out anything simple, restart the Workgroup Service and see if that starts the content indexing again.

Are the IDOL services running on the content engines that are performing the index?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
CandyBean
Super Collector

Hi Greg,

Yes, all the IDOL services are running on the Content Engine that are peforming index.

We tried to restart Workgroup Service and all IDOL services via browser but no luck.

Have you got any further suggestions?

Thanks

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

We you say you tried to restart the services - do you mean they did not restart or that the restart didn't fix the problem.

Have you had a chance to look through the IDOL logs? They might have some more detail about why the index request was refused.

The next step would be to clear the event from TSEventDat and figure out which record caused the problem

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
CandyBean
Super Collector

Sorry Greg,

Yes, they did not fix the problem.

I had TRIMWorkgroup, TRIMEvent, IDX, IDOL Service and IDOL Content Service logs. Which one should I look at?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event