Client Support
cancel

Clipboard - How does one access it? I am using TRIM 7.1 client but TRIM 6.2.2. back end.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Vincent Ishwar
Super Collector

Clipboard - How does one access it? I am using TRIM 7.1 client but TRIM 6.2.2. back end.

I copied the list of active locations in TRIM & it was copied to the "Clipboard". How do I access this file now? I tried to copy it to Word & Excel but the paste option is greyed out.  

Start, run, and type clipbrd does not work & neither does clipbrd.exe

I am using TRIM 7.1 client but TRIM 6.2.2. back end.

There must be something really simple that I am missing.

3 REPLIES
EWillsey
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Clipboard - How does one access it? I am using TRIM 7.1 client but TRIM 6.2.2. back end.

The clipboard is a Windows feature and is not exclusive to TRIM.  If you copy to the clipboard from TRIM what happens if you try pasting it into Notepad?

I heard that TRIM 7.1 doesn't correctly copy to the clipboard if you have a UDF in the list which does not apply to all of the types of records in the results window.

Alternatively, you could just Sent To->Mail Merge, pick the columns, and then open the output file in Excel.

Vincent Ishwar
Super Collector

Re: Clipboard - How does one access it? I am using TRIM 7.1 client but TRIM 6.2.2. back end.

Hi

The Notepad option did not work but the Sent To->Mail Merge, pick the columns, and then open the output file in Excel, option did.

Many thanks for your helpful input.

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

P.S. You ought to read this thread too

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event