Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client upgrade 6.2.4 to 7.1 with 6.2.4 server

Highlighted
Tasports
Acclaimed Contributor

Client upgrade 6.2.4 to 7.1 with 6.2.4 server

im planning out a phased migration to trim 7.1, and am experimenting with upgrading the clients to 7.1 first then upgrading the server.

trim desktop 7.1 is working fine, but get global wont work so our interface isnt the way staff are used to.

i have setup a test 7.1 server and have the toolbars etc the way i want them, and get global works fine and sets up the client correctly.

now i want to be able to take that look and feel and use it with the 6.2.4 server but it wont work.

i have found all the registry keys and tried experimenting with those but still no luck.

any help would be great.

4 REPLIES
Philip Harney
Occasional Visitor

Re: Client upgrade 6.2.4 to 7.1 with 6.2.4 server

Hello,

In 7.1 the Global settings are used totally different in 7.1 its stored in the database, so it wont work till your on 7.1.

Phil

Tasports
Acclaimed Contributor

ok, but surely there must be a way of say creating the custom toolbars on a workstation, and replicating those settings to other computers ?

Philip Harney
Occasional Visitor

Try Copying the XML Configuration Files from User profile to the other users. 

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Tasports wrote:

ok, but surely there must be a way of say creating the custom toolbars on a workstation, and replicating those settings to other computers ?

Not easily. Mixed builds aren't support and there is no simple way to do what you want until you're on matching builds/versions.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event