Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Error - Caption Data

Highlighted
Jamie_1
Regular Collector

Client Error - Caption Data

has anyone experienced an error mesaage 'An error occured reading caption data' when starting TRIM?  Does not happen to all users, only a handful.  After clicking OK user can access TRIM.

We cannot seem to get rid of this error message.

Using TRIM V7.2.1 Build 3519.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Client Error - Caption Data

Hi Jamie,

Haven't come across that one before, is there any other info we receiving the error message? Such as anything being written in the windows application event logs?

Also can you attach a screenshot of the error so I can get a look at it?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Jamie_1
Regular Collector

Will check Event Logs and see if anything is wrttien.  Attached is screenshot of error message.

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Thanks for that, couldn't find any reference to that error message in our database. 

Do you know if your environment has any captions that have been edited?

You can have a look under Tools > HP TRIM administration > Caption editor and see what is there. Feel free to send me a screenshot of what has been modified.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Jamie_1
Regular Collector

Sorry for the big delay in responding.  The issue is intermittent so goes off the radar.  Yes we have modified captions, bit hard to send screenshots as there have been a number modified in different places.  Are these settings stored in a certain place for each user, or globally?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event