Catalogue Attachment(s) Only button is not available in Outlook

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Miranda Leckie
Super Collector

Catalogue Attachment(s) Only button is not available in Outlook

Hi,

We have a couple of emails with a PDF attachment. We want to catalogue the attachment only but the Catalogue Attachment(s) Only button is not available. The Catalogue button is available though. However it does say Recatalogue because the email has already been saved into TRIM. This is the first time we have had this problem and we are not having it with all emails, only a few. Has anyone had this problem before?

4 REPLIES
Philip Harney
Occasional Visitor

Re: Catalogue Attachment(s) Only button is not available in Outlook

Hello Miranda,

Its probably a limitation on a email thats already been cataloged into TRIM.  I've never seen it before but suggest you just save the document to your desktop then drag it into TRIM as a seprate document.  Its only happening for a few documents right ?

Phil

Miranda Leckie
Super Collector

Hi Phil,

Yes it's only happening for a few documents. I have told the staff member who is having the problem to do what you have said. Just thought i would check to see if it is a problem that happens to others and if there is another fix.

Thanks

Philip Harney
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hello Miranda,

I've now come across this problem and can explain it,  It would seem that with in some emails there is an ole object (sometimes a signature or a copy and paste) into the email that TRIM cant cataloge as an attachment.  So it checks the first object and switches off the ability to cataloge the attachements only.

Check if these pdf documents had a funny signature or a cut and pasted looking object in them and you will probably have your answer

Cheers

Phil

Miranda Leckie
Super Collector

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that. I will look into it.

Cheers

Miranda

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event