cancel

Cannot use the property... error

Highlighted
raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

Cannot use the property... error

A user reported that when she tries to change the properties on a particular container record, or view various tabs in the record properties, it gives the following error:

Cannot use the property 'related record' for update when more than one relationship has already been created.

Where's the starting point for resolving this problem?

5 REPLIES
Icehouse
Super Contributor.

Re: Cannot use the property... error

Sounds like a problem with an existing relationship that's been tested when you click OK (save the record).
Try removing these and see if the record saves ok then.
raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

We cannot even change the displayed tab in the record properties because it gives the error.  When I customize the search results pane to show the "related record" and "related records" fields, both of them display nothing for the affected record.  Is this record broken or is there another way to resolve this issue?

raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

It ended up being a chain of "related to" and "alternately within" relationships that Trim ended up not liking.  We were able to remove the relationships to modify the record metadata, but we have reason to have it the way it was so we re-established the relationships afterward.  HP may want to consider changes to Trim to prevent the client from creating relationships that it doesn't work with.

Neil Summers
Micro Focus Expert

QCCR2D42386 - Cannot use the property 'Related Record' for update when more than one relationship has already been created

Listed as fixed in 7.1.1.1821.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

We're glad they fixed this.