Client Support
cancel

Cannot insert powerpoint slides into a powerpoint presentation stored within TRIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
_KC_
Respected Contributor.

Cannot insert powerpoint slides into a powerpoint presentation stored within TRIM

I am hoping someone out there in TRIMland can help shed some light on this baby ...

A user is editing a powerpoint presentation from within TRIM and has gone to insert slides from a pre-existing presentation from within TRIM.

To do this, the user has gone Home / Slides / New Slide / Insert slide from / Browse / Browse file

TRIM has then popped up in all its glory and he has selected a powerpoint presentation from his recent documents and hit OK. An error screen then pops up which states that "PowerPoint could not open this file" and then decides that it will check the document out to his Offline Records anyway, even though the user wasn't able to physically open the file this way (and the user is not aware that this has happened behind the scenes).

Both presentations are .pptx. I have saved the presentation to the users desktop and am able to insert the slides from his desktop no worries - so its not an issue with the record itself. I have also tried this on my computer and I get the same behaviour - lovely error message, and TRIM also decides to check the document out to my Offline Records.

Obviously a work around is that the user can save the document onto their desktop and insert that way, or edit both presentations at the same time and copy and paste - but whats the fun in that?

We are using TRIM 6.24.1236 and Windows 2007.

Anybody able to shed any light on this one? I promise kudos!

5 REPLIES
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Cannot insert powerpoint slides into a powerpoint presentation stored within TRIM

Yep, this is a problem with using ODMA integration.

When using some features like this (and chosing data sources for mail mergers etc), ODMA kicks in and makes it look like you can select a data source from TRIM itself.

This isn't supported and doesn't work though.

You need to check everything out locally and work with it outside of TRIM.

So unfrotunately the answer is: This is a known limitation of the ODMA integration. You have already found the workaround. :smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
_KC_
Respected Contributor.

Re: Cannot insert powerpoint slides into a powerpoint presentation stored within TRIM

Bummer ... but thanks for the explanation.

Vincent Ishwar
Trusted Contributor.

Everytime I try to insert an image file into PowerPoint , TRIM opens

Dear all

Everytime I try to insert an image file into PowerPoint , TRIM opens but not the local drive option where the image files are stored. 

Is there a solution to this. We have TRIM 6.2 & Office 2010.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Everytime I try to insert an image file into PowerPoint , TRIM opens

TRIM 6.2.X does not support Office 2010.

Only 7.1.0 upwards supports Office 2010.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Vincent Ishwar
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Everytime I try to insert an image file into PowerPoint , TRIM opens

Many thanks for that Grundy. I guess that this will only get fixed after we upgrade to TRIM 7.2.