The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Dataset for DemoDB

Highlighted
ViaAL
Occasional Contributor

Cannot connect to Dataset for DemoDB

I am unable to configure a work group server so can to connect to the DemoDB dataset to evaluate RM.

Client and database are installed on same computer.

Error Message

11 REPLIES
Oli_Wein
Super Collector

Re: Cannot connect to Dataset for DemoDB

HI,  

try restarting the HP Record manager workgroup service.  Then try again.

If the error happens again pls send the corresponding error in the windows application event log.

Cheers

Oli

ViaAL
Occasional Contributor

After restart of PC, receive the same error.

Here is the Windows Application Log message.

Log Name: Application
Source: TRIM
Date: 13/04/2016 9:13:05 AM
Event ID: 100
Task Category: (1)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: VIANEW-LT020.viatek.local
Description:
The description for Event ID 100 from source TRIM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[22737] Client machine: VIANEW-LT020.viatek.local; client user: Alan.Pierson
Error connecting to the HPE Records Manager dataset 'DemoDB' on HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server 'VIANEW-LT020'. The dataset with the ID '45' is not available. Possible causes are: it is registered on a different HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server to the one selected, the schema of this dataset is not supported by this HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server or the network connection between the HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server and the database server has failed.

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="TRIM" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">100</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>1</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-12T23:13:05.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>123003</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>VIANEW-LT020.viatek.local</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>[22737] Client machine: VIANEW-LT020.viatek.local; client user: Alan.Pierson
Error connecting to the HPE Records Manager dataset 'DemoDB' on HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server 'VIANEW-LT020'. The dataset with the ID '45' is not available. Possible causes are: it is registered on a different HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server to the one selected, the schema of this dataset is not supported by this HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server or the network connection between the HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server and the database server has failed.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Oli_Wein
Super Collector

I have attached in a word document the steps you need to under take to register and log into the demo DB.  The steps are from the install guide.

Can you advise which step you are stuck at?

The error in the app logs suggest you are trying to log on as Alan Pierson,  which you wont be able to do until you setup a valid location for him.

Cheers

Oli

LitoL
Occasional Contributor

try running a schema repair,  tick the "Check or Restore  user Account for HPERM Admin and  services user account"  then save and deploy

ViaAL
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your assistance.

I have followed these instructions.

There is no mention in them of neading to create a "WorkGroup Server", however when I open HPE Records Manager (Step 14) there is no File Menu displayed ? The only option available is Add Datasets (Step 15), when selected I am unable to find the "Choose Local Datasets" option in step 16. When Add Datasets is displayed the only option is to select a workgroup server.

See attached PDF for screen shots and comments.

Oli_Wein
Super Collector

Thats strange.

Can you pls log a support case and I'll have a technician investigate.

Might need to do a remote session here.

Cheers

Oli

ViaAL
Occasional Contributor

Thanks but unfortunately that didnt work.

ViaAL
Occasional Contributor

How do I log a support case for this ?

Logging a support case was my preferred approach, but have been unable to find a way to do this.

Thanks

Al

Oli_Wein
Super Collector

You need to log a service request via our SSO site

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/

Cheers

Oli

ViaAL
Occasional Contributor

Hi Oli

I am using a trial version so am unable to log a support case.

I am trying to do some evaluation of RM using the trial version, but have been unable to connect to the DemoDB, so my evaluation has stalled.

Any other suggestions ?

Al

Oli_Wein
Super Collector

Ok try running through the demo db word doc I sent (earlier in this forum string) but this time create a guest account.

then log in with that.

see how that goes

Oli

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event