cancel

Can you restore deleted files from TRiM 7.1

Highlighted
Marc218
Regular Collector

Can you restore deleted files from TRiM 7.1

Can you restore deleted files from TRiM 7.1 in Trim ?

5 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Can you restore deleted files from TRiM 7.1

You can, its a bit of a stuff around though.

You'll need to setup another environment, import a backup of the database, export the records and import them back into the current DB.

If there are electronic documents you will need to grab those from a backup too.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

As Greg mentioned, it'll require you restore a backup of the database.

This is what I usually do:

1) Restore the database

2) Query the restored database to determine which electronic files were deleted (TSRECELEC, TSERECVSN, TSRENDITIO)

3) Restore the deleted files from a file system backup

4) Perform a cross database insert of all the key record tables (TSRECORD, TSREC*, TSERECVSN, TSRENDITIO, etc)

The problem with the export/import as Greg mentions is that it doesn't include revisions, renditions, or audit history.

Marc218
Regular Collector

thank you all for the speedy replys

LitoL
Occasional Contributor

How old is /are the record(s).

If you have a copy of your PROD DB into you current  training or uat environment, the record information can be found from there. Look at the electronic store id from the properties  and ask you IT to restore it from the backup of your electronic store( for example 001+000X+0E3D1R4O002.DOCX)

Lito

Rudey
Occasional Contributor

Yes we've had this issue at our workplace.

We Restored the database to another sql server instance.

Mounted a dataset to TES pointing to the above SQL SERVER instance and set this to enabled.

Pointed to relevant Document Stores.

Open HP TRIM Client, after verifying all records were present within the container (Note: Dataset set up and pointing to recently restored version SQL Server instance)

We exported all the records to a separate location, i.e all container records were now exported which had a parent XML file and all physical files were outputted as well.

Later, I wrote a program to read that XML and re-arrange the documents in a particular format like

RECORDNUMBER_URI.

&  where it had relevant revisions, the pattern was RECORDNUMBER_REVISION_X_URI

where X is the relevant REVISION  no.

Finally using TRIMPORT re-imported into HP TRIM Repository.

Note: better to get some TRIM Experts here as TRIMPORT is only accesible by TRIM Administrators.

Hope this helps

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event